Bloomsday in Dublin 2016

I took a ramble through the streets of Dublin on 16th June to join with lovers of James Joyce and this fair city. Such hats, such craic!

My first stop was Sweny's Pharmacy, the beautiful shop that is still intact from Joyce's time in Dublin. You can still buy lemon soap there, just as Bloom did in Ulysses. Over to Kennedy's next, then on to Davy Byrne's where there was fierce style to behold outside it and the Bailey!

I just missed the musicians who were leaving Mulligan's of Poolbeg Street when I got there. There wasn't much stir in the Gresham so I saluted the James Joyce statue before going for a nice sit-down. Walking around town would wreck you.







SaveSave

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pearl Phelan

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig